Friday, January 3, 2014

:: Mobile Oil + Diamonds ::


Yesterday I was browsing through an article on Instructables and when I clicked on the last arrow I got a full page advertisement for mobile motor oil, you know, the lubricating kind you put in your engine sometimes.

And that seemed rather poetic... an ad for oil.

Later I was reading something on the NY Times arts page and I noticed a large advertisement for diamonds or jewelry or something in the farthermost right column of the page.

So I've solved the popup and in-page ad problem by installing AdBlock for Google Chrome. That was a good choice.

I also accidentally listened to a commercial for Squarespace via Spotify and I've head the first 3 seconds of a lot of TV ads before I start screaming and grab the remote from whatever fool is content to sit through 4 minutes of obnoxious ads.

I think my experiment is going as well as can be expected so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment